Welcome to the APodC CPD System
Welcome to the Australasian Podiatry Council's Continuing Professional Development web site.
This site provides access to continuing professional development (CPD) and educational activities that meet Podiatry Board Australia’s (PBA) guidelines. You can purchase activities (many free) and record your completion in an e-portfolio.
The PBA registration requirement is 20 hours of CPD selected from 5 categories. Activities must be selected from a ‘mix’ of categories (i.e. minimum of two) and include a minimum of 5 hours in an interactive setting with other podiatrists. For details please click the link go to
The cycle is annual (December 1 through to November 30).
The Accredited Podiatrist Program
The Accredited Podiatrist Program (APP) is an APodC initiative launched in 2000 and taken up by members in all states. It follows the same annual cycle as PBA.
For the 2016 cycle (December 1 2015 through to November 30 2016) the APP requirement is for 20 additional hours of CPD, using the same categories as PBA, but without maximum hour’s limitations. This leaves you free to pursue special professional development needs within your podiatry career.
A minimum requirement of 40 hours (PBA 20 plus APP 20) may seem a lot but if you attend a conference once a year, participate in undergraduate student supervision, or undertake a simple audit in your clinic; you’re possibly already exceeding the minimum requirement.
APP 2016 cycle overview
•Complete an APP Learning Plan with goals for a one year cycle and forward to your Member Association.
•Participate in a range of activities totalling 20 hours in addition to PBA requirement and keep your portfolio up-to-date
•At the end of each annual cycle submit your APP Learning Report detailing the activities successfully completed
•Start the cycle again
Follow the link below to complete the AP, Learning Plan and Report.
- Thursday, 1 December 2016 - 8:00amFacilitating the interpretation of pedobarography: the relative midfoot index as marker for pathologic gait in ankle osteoarthritic and contralateral feet
- Pedobarography offers dynamic information about the foot, but the...
- Thursday, 1 December 2016 - 8:00amThe relationship between foot posture index, ankle equinus, body mass index and intermetatarsal neuroma
- The main purpose of this study was to investigate the presence of an...
- Thursday, 1 December 2016 - 8:00amClinical measures of static foot posture do not agree
- The aim of this study was to determine the level of agreement between common...